Work For Us
Check this page regularly for details of our vacancies, which will appear below.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including references and Disclosure & Barring Service check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Assistant Head Teacher x 2, Full Time, Grade L11-15
Two opportunities have arisen for dynamic, innovative and forward-thinking educationalists to join our Extended Senior Leadership Team as Assistant Head Teachers.
The successful candidates will participate in all aspects of school leadership and will play a key role in further improving academic provision, shaping future strategy and developing specific leadership responsibilities throughout the School.
You will be a highly diplomatic individual and an exceptional communicator, capable of delivering results through outstanding leadership and teamwork. You will also lead by example and be proactive in supporting the needs of the operational teams alongside your strategic responsibilities. This is very much a “roll up your sleeves” job where you will be passionate in working with pupils with complex needs and have the skills in working with children who need “outside the box” teaching methods in order to excel.
You will have:
- First Degree or Certificate of Education
- Substantial and relevant experience of middle or senior Leadership
- Substantial and relevant experience with Special Educational Needs, preferably SEMH
- Experience in managing an education budget
- Relevant and recent professional development conducive to the post
- Experience of contributing to successful Ofsted outcomes
- Ability to travel across multi-sites
We can offer:
- Invaluable experience of working in an Alternative Provision setting
- Opportunity to work in a rewarding and vibrant team environment
- Full support and ongoing training
- Opportunities to develop professional knowledge around School Priorities
- Opportunities to actively contribute to taking our Good college to Outstanding
- Inclusion in our School Wellbeing strategy
We welcome and highly recommend a visit to one of our Centres to gain further understanding of our unique, rewarding and challenging workplace that offers fantastic job satisfaction to the right applicant. To arrange a visit please call Maggie Paluch, PA on 07889 414027.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com. The closing date is 11.30am on Wednesday 17th July 2019, interview date 22nd July 2019.