Work For Us
Check this page regularly for details of our vacancies, which will appear below.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to pre-employment checks, including references and Disclosure & Barring Service check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Office Manager -Grade 7 -22.5 Hours Per Week
We have exciting opportunity for dedicated and highly organised Office Manager to play a key role in ensuring the provision of consistent, efficient and effective administration services across sites to ensure the College achieves its stated aims and objectives.
You will provide professional leadership and support in the management of the Colleges support assistants, enhancing their effectiveness to achieve continually improving standards of support. You will provide specialist advice and support on all areas of administration to our wider staff teams, including Admissions, Induction, budgets, Health and Safety & Policy.
You will need to have a flexible approach to your job role, a friendly and open manner and ability to work effectively on your own and as a member of the team.
The key duties include but not limited to:
• Delivery of an effective and consistent administrative support service
• Responsible for the oversight of the School’s admission process
• take a lead role in planning, developing and monitoring new and existing operational systems, procedures and policies
• take a lead role in supporting the planning and development of projects and pilot studies.
• Provide support in relation to Staff Induction process as required
You will have:
• Maths and English GCSE or Equivalent
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification
• Experience of data management in a school environment
• Experience in a school office environment at management level
• An understanding of relevant school polices and procedures
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues effectively
We can offer:
• Invaluable experience of working in an Alternative Provision setting
• Opportunity to work in a rewarding and vibrant team environment
• Full support and ongoing training
• Opportunities to progress and work interdepartmentally
• Inclusion in our School Wellbeing strategy
• Term Time only contract
• LGPS Pension
Please note that this role can be based at any one of the following Centre’s, WSAPC Burgess Hill, WSAPC Lancing, WSAPC Littlehampton and travel between other WSAPC sites will be required.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the College, which are warmly welcomed and highly recommended, please contact Clare Griffin on 07506 755 284 to arrange an appointment.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com; the closing date is 11.30am on Wednesday 21 August 2019.
Business Support Assistant- Grade 5- 37 Hours Per Week
We are looking for an efficient and motivated Business Support Assistant to join our friendly team. We are looking for someone to work collaboratively with schools support and teaching teams to provide a highly effective administrative service.
The key duties include but are not limited to:
· To be the main point of contact for the Centres internal and external stakeholders
· Provide a comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the Assistant Head Teacher and teaching staff as required
· To administer pupil admissions accurately and record relevant data
· Responsible for the input / storage / transfer of pupil data
· Provide general administrative support to the College office.
· Maintain College communications.
You will have:
· Maths and English GCSE or Equivalent Grade c or above
· a wide and varied range of ICT software, particularly office 365
· Working knowledge of administrative processes, school policy and procedures in an educational environment (desirable)
· Have a patient and flexible attitude
· Be well organised and highly motivated
· The ability to work in a team and on own initiative
· Experience of working in a school office would be an advantage, but is not essential – full training will be given.
We can offer:
· Invaluable experience of working in an Alternative Provision setting
· Opportunity to work in a rewarding and vibrant team environment
· Full support and ongoing training
· Opportunities to progress and work interdepartmentally
· Inclusion in our School Wellbeing strategy
· Term Time only contract
· LGPS Pension
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the College, which are warmly welcomed and highly recommended, please contact Clare Griffin on 07506 755284 to arrange an appointment. Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Wednesday 21 August 2019.