If your child develops symptoms on or before 20th December 2020 and then tests positive at any point up until 24th December 2020 please use the email@example.com email address to notify us immediately so that appropriate action can be taken.
If your child develops symptoms after 20th December 2020 you do not need to inform school as the contact period for others is 48 hours before symptoms start and they would not have been in school during that 48 hour period.
Public Health England guidance states that for most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from the nhs.uk website at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/. If you are concerned about your child’s symptoms, or they are worsening you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://111.nhs.uk/ or by phoning 111.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
• a new continuous cough
• a high temperature
• a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
Please remember to:
• wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• wash your hands as soon as you get home
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/