We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support during these challenging times. We are very proud of the way our school community has adapted to the ‘new normal’ and could not have done this without your patience and understanding. We continue to offer face to face learning for those eligible (vulnerable students, and children of key workers). For those who are accessing online learning we have been excited to recently introduce rewards to show our thanks.
As the government advice develops we all continue to adapt. We are aiming to increase our offer of face to face learning to a wider range of pupils from 2nd of June (year R, 1, 6 to begin with) and eligible families will be contacted personally with regards to this. Children of Key Workers and those that have already been accessing centre provision will continue to do so. Online learning opportunities for all pupils will continue and we are working on developing our use of virtual learning tools.
The first of June will be an INSET day so the school will be closed on the first Monday back. This will allow the school to work on opening up the school sites to allow for more children to be in. Please note however that whilst we are aiming for the 2nd of June this date may change if it becomes apparent that it is not safe to do so. If there are any changes to the start date of 2nd June, we will let you know.
The school will not be open for the half term break allowing staff and pupils a much needed break. Should you experience any difficulties during the half term break you may find the following sources of support helpful –
- West Sussex Community Hubs can offer support if you are struggling to ensure you have food for your family, collect medication or in need of any additional support for your child with additional needs. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need assistance. For more information go to the West Sussex County Council Website Community Hub page. You can also phone 033 022 27980 between 8am and 8pm
- Short Breaks You can find lots of support and ideas for things to do at home on the new ‘Virtual short breaks wiki’. This and other Support at Home information can be found on the Related Pages at the bottom of this page
- MASH can provide support and guidance for any concerns you have around the safety and wellbeing of children. For more information go to the local offer webpage https://westsussex.local-offer.org/services/731-multi-agency-safeguarding-hub-mash-social-care or call 01403 229900
The health and safety of our pupils and staff are a priority and we are doing everything we can to ensure that social distancing is adhered to in the school environment. Families should note that social distancing in a school is very difficult and, whilst we will do our best, it may not always be possible. To support everyone in the school community with social distancing we have compiled expectations specifically relating to this and would be grateful of your support –
- Maintain the 2 metre social distancing guidance
- Follow altered routines for arrival or departure
- Follow handwashing guidance on arrival and at all requested points during the day
- Stay in the agreed pupil groups and building ‘zones’
- Move around the school on the left
- Follow the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ guidance
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes with hands
- Tell an adult if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus
- Follow rules about sharing any equipment
- Use the toilet facilities one at a time
- Respond to verbal and visual instructions from staff to avoid the need for physical involvement from staff
These expectations are non-negotiable and I would encourage you to have conversations with your child over the half term that we all need to adhere to the rules and that their school will be strictly following government guidelines around COVID19.
I am aware many families may have faced changes in their financial circumstances. As a result, some pupils may be eligible for free school meals. Please visit the Parents and Carers/Meals area of our website for eligibility criteria and an application form which can also be found here.
Wishing you all a restful half term and hopefully the weather will remain warm and sunny for us all!